WHO WE ARE
We serve the Community
FaithWorks Community Resource Center was established in 2013 as a housing resource agency for a local church to meet its members' and the community's needs. It was self-funded by its founder providing counseling and education for a fee for service. The founder purchased its first building through an auction and has continued to increase its services to the community and abroad.
The core service of economic development evolved as a result of demand. The founder understood the difficulty of starting a business and the challenges presented on the road to entrepreneurship. Program design commenced and launched in 2018. FaithWorks CRC continues to provide resources, counseling, coaching and training to individuals and businesses to promote economic empowerment.
Our mission is to create opportunities, provide resources and education to promote economic development, empower, and improve the quality of life of underserved/disadvantaged individuals, businesses, and families.
Our Strengths & Values
• We believe that sustenance and continuous economic progress are imperative and increase the realization of human potential.
• We believe people/ businesses matter, and a sense of self-worth and self-respect must be cultivated.
• We create opportunities for inclusive entrepreneurship to stimulate economic growth.
• We value transparency in our relationships and interactions.
• We value collaborations and community services.
• We work diligently to be flexible, innovative, and responsible to our clients.
Our Strategic Directions & Community Partnering Priorities
Access & Inclusion
Increase and sustain access to our services for all community members, particularly our most vulnerable.
• Identify and address barriers to ensure anyone can access our services. [Number and type of barriers identified and addressed]
• Pilot innovative programming to meet the needs of community members in vulnerable circumstances, including those most affected by the issue and those who have historically been excluded
• Partner with existing organizations/agencies that serve vulnerable people (especially Non-profits). [Number of new initiatives developed in partnership with others]
• Further, develop and build sustainability for our services.
Community Partnering Priorities
The FaithWorks CRC will continue to support individuals/businesses and collaborate with other organizations to address the following issues which affect our community.
Collaborate with other organizations to increase access to safe, healthy, affordable housing for all.
• Support other organizations to research and develop affordable, accessible housing.
• Assist community members in accessing housing supports and services.
• Collaborate with Housing Agencies to support education and counseling services
Lakesha Hancock is the president of FaithWorks Community Resource Center. She is a dynamic, speaker, trainer, financial coach and consultant. Her mission is to help individuals and businesses understand the impact of their financial decisions, help create financial wealth and promote economic growth.
Lakesha is a Navy Veteran and alumnus of Siena Heights University. Her experience in the financial service field she has been an Independent Mortgage Processor, Loan Officer, and Mortgage Underwriter.
She is a HUD certified housing counselor and holds five NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling Certifications for Financial Capability, Pre-Purchase Homeownership Education, Post-purchase homeownership Education, Homeownership counseling, foreclosure intervention and default counseling and Homeownership and Community Lending Professional Certificate.
With over twenty-three years of experience in her field Lakesha has provided services for individuals and businesses to develop, expand and sustain. She has served diligently in the community. She is a dedicated wife, mother, and God mother. Her life is that of a servant to help others achieve greatness.